Sunday, March 17, 2013

Well would'ya look at that..

Here is what we started with. An old, moldy addition that was a bedroom, turned bathroom/main floor laundry.  We kinda killed 2 birds with one stone, because who needs a gym membership when you have a 2 storey house on laundry day? :)
 
    It was spray foamed about a year ago, and it sat as our laundry/tool chest/storage mess because this room was easily hidden, and well, I'm not exactly famous for keeping up with the laundry. I like to wait until its a hilarious pile that makes me want to cry before I even think about tackling it.

    Welp, this weekend I did. I made it all pretty, the DH put up some cabinets & shelves, and it almost looked like a real laundry room. Except our disgusting plywood floors. But I've figured out my husbands motivational train...to a degree...

   I knew, that if I had it all sparkly and beautiful, he'd say "well my god, all we need is some floors eh?"  and i'd be all like, "well  goodness me, what a great idea! We don't need anything fancy..." and then the conversation begins... and a trip to lowes follows. Yep, i'm gettin this whole husband thing figured out. If its his idea, its much easier to get 'er done. :)

   So here it is now, after a trip to lowes, and under $200, we have a floor, and a happy wife. All we need now is some mud/paint, and some trim! (Apologies for the pictures, my camera phone was my only chance)

   Not too sure what i'm going to do with this Vanity. I want to keep it in here, but I'm not sure what color to paint it, to match those cabinets. Meh. It'll work.





No comments:

Post a Comment