Thursday, January 26, 2012

Plaster is F&%$ing heavy.

Sooo. Last night was not fun. Our plaster repair friend, Ryan, told us that pretty much our entire hallway has reached its lifespan, and we will have to get rid of it.

Here is the hallway before..
       


Here's after Kyle got the fun part of ripping out the plaster....


See how much it crumbled? I guess he was right!!! 
                                     




          Then i got to take out all my aggression on the lath. Which was kinda fun. The cleanup? Not fun.
Butttt here's where we are at at this point. Just gotta cut the lath that leads to the next room, and then we are ready for drywall!



  





1 comment:

  1. Hey kids,

    I don't know how to work this blogging stuff, so I'll keep it quick in case I do it wrong.

    What a great looking old house -- a lot of character there. You have done some great work. The kitchen looks awesome. And the doors! I can see why you've hardly been at Orchard for a while. Well worth the effort, and it shows.

    You two are doing great... a new chapter. I'm just the neighbour, but I'm really proud of you both.

    Dave.

    ReplyDelete